Thursday, November 9, 2006

It's Been A Long Week

Well, not counting the 7.0.2 issues this week, it hasn't been a good week. On Sunday, my Aunt Cassie passed away. I have mentioned her situation previously back in July. She bravely fought cancer for 7 years - perhaps one of the strongest, gentlest women anyone could know. My dad is from a family of 8 children and his sister's family was probably the closest to our family. Aunt Cassie was a lot like a grandmother to my brother since she kept him during the days until he was 4. It was a tough loss, but Aunt Cassie isn't suffering any more and is much better off. She was a wonderful Christian woman. The funeral was today, on her birthday. It was especially tough. I was privileged to be one of the pallbearers. Parts of the funeral service got to me, but when we had to stand up at the end to get ready to take the casket it was really tough to choke back the tears. To those of you who I have spoken with about this, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. They are cherished! As I also mentioned in July, my grandmother is not well either - we did get her into an assisted-living facility. She has been in the hospital this week as well, so that has also been trying for our family.

No comments: