Thursday, December 8, 2005

Shhh... Don't Say It Too Loud

But our mail server hasn't crashed since last Friday morning...

We have been testing out a product to provide some HTTP traffic clustering and failover capabilities. That server had powered off over the weekend and I intentionally left the service disabled. Basically it acts as a proxy to a set of servers and it polls for HTTP availability every so often (5 seconds in my testing).

Well, so far this week we have not had any mail server crashes.

I'm wondering if this could be contributing to the problem. Though I am fairly certain that HTTP has crashed while this was server was previously inactive and we also had it testing with 6.5.4 FP2 with no issues.

I have informed Lotus about this possibly attributing to it. Will keep you informed...

Now Playing: "The Christmas Song" by Steve Lukather

No comments: