Saturday, December 3, 2005

Debugging for Domino (Update)

I have added two more debug parameters to the Debugging for Domino blog entry. The updated content reflects the new debugging parameters I have added, per Lotus Support, to my Notes.ini in order to troubleshoot our http issues. By they way, may I add some kudos to Lotus (again) for the great work they have done with the Domino Web Administration database with 7.0. I was able to quickly use it to make sure my syntax was correct for the SHOW STAT command. The 7.0 webadmin.nsf is very slick and fast!

9.) DEBUG_HTTP_DBCLOSE=1 Anytime there is an http close of an NSF file it dumps to the console.

10.) DEBUG_TRACK_FREEHANDLE=1 I could not find anything specific to Domino debugging. From this DB2 page it "frees resources associated with a specific environment, connection, statement, or descriptor handle." Information on the freehandles in your Domino environment can be seen through the SHOW STAT DATABASE.FREEHANDLE*:
> Database.FreeHandleStack.FreeHandleStackHits = 3352913
> Database.FreeHandleStack.HandleAllocations = 3356284
> Database.FreeHandleStack.MissRate = 0
> 3 statistics found

...

The following represents the debugging I have in my notes.ini currently to assist in troubleshooting my 7.0 errors - you can see that I have turned off several and enabled some others:

DEBUG_THREADID=1
DEBUG_DBSERVER=0
DEBUG_SHOW_TIMEOUT=1
DEBUG_CAPTURE_TIMEOUT=10
DEBUG_TRACK_FREEHANDLE=1
DEBUG_HTTP_DBCLOSE=1
DEBUG_NTI_DRVR=0
DEBUG_TCP_ALL=0
DEBUG_TCP_ERRORS=0
DEBUG_OUTFILE=DEBUG.TXT
CONSOLE_LOG_ENABLED=1

Now Playing: "Beyond This Life" by Dream Theater

No comments: