Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day One (LS06)

Okay, so this is a little late as I'm waiting for the 2nd class on Day 2 to start. It's on DDM - which as you know is something I'm really liking about Domino 7.

Anyway, Day 1 went great. As I've previously posted, Kim Greene and my session went very well. I also checked out Lance and Dwight's session on AJAX and DXL. I'm looking forward to getting their application. I spent some time on the showcase floor too. Got my LotusUserGroup.org shirt (can't remember her name, but the LUG lady knew me as "The iSeries Guy"). I also got my "I'm a L.U.G. NUT!" pin. It's fitting because my nickname is Nut (short for Whisonant) and I didn't want the "Sametime Stud" or "Domino Diva" pins!

I also went to a session on Web Services but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Last night was the JamFest also. It was cool but I didn't even get up to play. There were many more "eager" players... But it was great to meet and hang out with people. After the JamFest was karaoke at Kimono's. It was the first time I had been. I didn't sing, but many did and some were good. I left way earlier than the ones who stayed to close it down...

No comments: