Saturday, January 28, 2006

Apology to Gab and All

This needs to be something public for all eyes, so I would like to offer my apologies to Gab for my post the other day. While I did not mean for it to be taken personally, it was. I'm sorry.

To those who have read the now defunct posts (mine and hers), I am also sorry for any stain on the community caused only by me. As we had mentioned at the Bloggers BOF, we are a family. And I was being the black sheep (a role I never take).

I would like to thank Gab for her graciousness in offering to strike-through this and start over. She and I had a great AIM session and this was easily worked through. I offered to delete the post which was something she agreed to let me do. I hope that we can all put this behind us and move forward with what we've learned at Lotusphere. Honestly, everytime I think about it now I feel physically sick! Gab is an amazing administrator and a wonderful speaker - that Cluster Jumpstart was awesome!! We all have a lot to learn from her!

Sadly, there was some confusion on the GURU stage and I was hearing something that was not intended to be heard that way. I followed through completely in the wrong way. I have blogged about this particular Sametime problem here starting in June, 2005 (and, ironically, I even had a crash in the closing session...). So it was something personal for me I have been dealing with for nearly 8 months and I felt my comments were being slighted (which they were not). This was no excuse. I have corresponded with 2 others who have contacted me about this. I probably deserved to be raked over the coals by them, but they both were overly kind and fatherly to me in their correction of my wrong - so thank you!

No comments: