Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Question Regarding Lotus Notes and Broadsoft Integration

I haven't been able to find much regarding integration between Lotus Notes and Broadsoft (a VoIP system). Currently, Broadsoft offers a toolbar for MS Outlook called BroadWorks Assistant - Enterprise. We use the Broadsoft platform and I have been asked about getting the same toolbar into Lotus Notes. Of course, if Broadsoft isn't planning on doing this, then this would mean custom development. I don't see why Broadsoft would just shrug off ~42% of all corporate mail customers, but that's beside the point. My gut instinct is that it will be much easier to achieve this with a plugin to Hannover (if one wanted to go the route of a toolbar). I've Googled and searched devWorks with no results.

Do any of my readers know anyone who has worked on this? I'm not familiar with Broadsoft at all. I'm thinking that it would probably be easier to integrate any of the integration directly into a mail and/or nab template rather than try to code a custom toolbar.

No comments: