Monday, June 6, 2005

Sametime 6.5.1 for iSeries Hotfix

No, this is not the fixpack FP1 that was pulled because of issues. This is a hotfix for an issue I'm having with my Sametime (I can still call it that, right?) 6.5.1 Server for iSeries.

According to SPR HHAN5XYJDJ I should be seeing issues with my STLOGGER process and it should have been fixed in 3.1. Well, I'm apparently seeing the same call stack issues as some others with the STMUX task. About once a week my Sametime server will hang. I don't get a crash, but we just can't IM - not good with hundreds of users...

This all started after I loaded some TCP/IP stack PTFs (fixes) for my iSeries. These fixes were hopefully supposed to correct a hang I've been having with my mail server. Seems like one of the 7 or 8 fixes I loaded that day may be the culprit for this hang, but IBM hasn't confirmed that. Will load the hotfix tonight and see how it goes.

No comments: