Thursday, June 9, 2005

Another Sametime 6.5.1 for iSeries Hotfix

I posted the other day about a PTF Hotfix to hopefully correct an issue with my IM server crashing. According to the Sametime 6.5.1 FP1 Release Notes (I have NOT put on FP1!), this SPR SMAK62VK9B is for:

Community Services multiplexer crashes under heavy workload

This fix addresses an issue that caused the multiplexer (STMux.exe) application to crash when handling simultaneous connections from 20K to 30K users.

SPR# ISCO69SBQ4, ISCO69SBM3, SMAK62VK9B, SMAK63SE55 (ALL PLATFORMS)


While I hope this fixes the issue, I am nowhere near 20k users - currently I have only 266 logins. I'm still sticking with my theory in the previous post that it has to do with some TCP/IP stack PTFs that I applied the day before this all started.

I've sent IBM some joblogs, job stack dumps, and an NSD. Hopefully this STMUX PTF will correct it though.

No comments: