Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Upgrading from 4.0.3 to 4.1 Tonight

OK, so I had a pretty terrible upgrade experience in April and I was waiting for SP1 to be released. It appears that SP1 definitely corrected the errors I was having. See links at the bottom of this post. Since then I have also acquired a new IBM xSeries to run the BES. I have loaded Domino 7.0.1 and BES 4.1 SP1 on this new xSeries and am using BESMgmt2 SQL db. My old BES has Domino 6.5.4 and BES 4.0.3 and is using BESMgmt1 SQL db.

Here's my planned upgrade procedure for tonight - does it sound OK?

BES A = current/old BES at 4.0.3
BES B = new BES

1. Upgrade BES A to 4.1 SP1 so that my BESMgmt1 SQL db is upgraded.
2. Start BES A.
3. Redirect BES B to BESMgmt1 db from BESMgmt2.
4. Both BES A and B should now be displayed in the BlackBerry Manager app and in the same BB Domain, right?
5. Click my account on BES A and choose to move it to BES B.
6. This shouldn't require re-activation, right?

Anyway, let me know what you think...

BES 4.1 Upgrade (and Downgrade)
BES 4.1 Service Pack 1 Available

Now Playing: "Echoes Pt. 1" by Dream Theater

Technorati:

No comments: