Friday, November 2, 2007

Quickr 8.0.0.2

Please IBM, can we possibly get another hotfix? Quickr 8.0.0.2 is actually 8.0 FP1, right? Well IBM released this and then the very next day they release 8.0.0.2 HF1 (8.0 FP1 HF1?) with 4 SPRs that were fixed. First of all, I can see no possible way that enough customers called in within a day and IBM was able to reproduce, compile, and generate a Hotfix posted to Fix Central within the span of a day.

Secondly, if you go to get HF1 right now, here's what you will see:




According to this post at devWorks, the HaikuCommonForms.ntf is a different size in the two differen fixpack zip files - the smaller one was modified on 11/1/07 and the larger one was modified on 10/18/07.

First, I'm going to ask the same question Erik did in his devWorks post - Can you put the correct file out there IBM? Please?

Secondly, I'm going to take it a step further and ask why IBM would release a known-buggy fixpack followed immediately with a hotfix? This should really not happen - take a little more time and get it all bundled correctly. Further, they post another version of the hotfix (which I'm going to download and apply just to see if it fixes my issues - some major issues - with an upgrade). At least I think it's another version...

You know how Google has "beta" beside all of their products? That's all I'm going to say...

Update: By the way, the update to the haikucommonforms.ntf fixed my issues!!! (At least for now...)

No comments: