Friday, July 14, 2006

Great Vacation and Two New Bloggers

We just got back today from a 5 day trip down to my parents' place in Surfside Beach, SC. It was a great trip with some wonderful downtime with my wife and kid!! We only went to the beach one morning, but with all the "fun" that is sand and hauling chairs and umbrellas, one day is generally enough! We didn't really do much of anything except spend time together. We window shopped a little bit one evening at Broadway at the Beach (it's becoming a lot like Downtown Disney...strange!), but most days we hung out at the pool and just relaxed! Wonderful...

I was pretty much disconnected since I disabled my BES email. I kept up with some political blogs on my BB and checked a couple of the Lotus-related feeds. Needless to say, there was a lot of stuff going on with the Notes on Linux announcement and Volker started up two intriguing threads as well. Too bad I missed out... ;)

I left my gmail to BB forwarding enabled and got a cool email from Luis Guirigay stating that he reads my blog and has started his own blog. He's actually working on the "Implementing Domino 7 on the System i" Redbook and will be going to Rochester, MN this week for that project. That's "mecca" for the System i (AS/400, iSeries) people. I was able to tour the Rochester facility back in October 2001 as part of a COMMON conference. It is an amazing place!! From checking out his Flickr he was at Lotusphere this year (did you come to my session?) and I also saw Kim Greene in a picture with him and some others (I believe it was for working on Redbooks). While perusing Luis' blog, I saw that Alex Hernandez posted a comment. It appears that he has just started a new (English) blog. What's great to me is that these two guys are posting about Domino and the System i. So go check them out!

Oh yeah, and we got our TS3310 at the office this week. I plan to install it this weekend on the Domino iSeries.

No comments: