Friday, February 17, 2006

Sametime Server Update

Chris Miller posted an IBM Technote the other day. It's titled "Notes Instant Messaging encounters a looping condition causing the Sametime server to become unresponsive or to hang."

This is what I've been dealing with for a long time, as you can see from my posts here. I realized that I haven't given an update on this. Actually, we went 12 days with no problems and then we had 1 hang yesterday and 2 so far today. So it's extremely sporadic.

I was speaking just two days ago with a Domino for iSeries Support technician at IBM about another call. He asked me how the Sametime server has been and I told him that it's progressively better the more users we migrate to 7.0(.1). He did say that IBM hopes to have a server-side fix for this possibly in the next couple of months. But don't quote me on that...

While we're talking about Sametime, have any of you upgraded to Sametime 7.0 on iSeries yet? I posed that question to a Domino for iSeries list and two people have stated that they are having problems getting the DWA/Sametime integration functional after upgrading. We have a lot of Sametime users in DWA, so I'm glad I have postponed that upgrade.

Now Playing: "If Pigs Could Fly" by Tourniquet

No comments: