Friday, November 18, 2005

Domino 7.0 Upgrade - Part Three

Initial Performance Thoughts

Note that these numbers are on an iSeries 820 4-way server.

According to my statrep database, for my App server at 6.5.4 FP2, it's process CPU utilization running average was 27.3%. For 7.0 it has been averaging 25.3%. That doesn't sound like much, but it's a 7% reduction in CPU for that partition with no changes but loading D7!

But with my memory utilization, it's looking really good for my App server. My running average at 6.5.4 FP2 was 758 MB. This week on 7.0 my memory utilization has averaged 677 MB. This represents nearly an 11% reduction in memory utilization for my App partition.

I'm still dealing with HTTP crashes on my Mail server, so I'm hoping to get it straightened out to get some real numbers on it too after longer periods of uptime. My App server hasn't experienced any downtime. I expect to see my memory utilization climb more after longer periods of uptime, but at 6.5.4 FP2 my Mail server was averaging 1.1 GB usage and at 7.0 it's at 800.5 MB - a 27% reduction.

Now Playing: "Alone In Paradise" by Yngwie Malmsteen

No comments: