Friday, July 1, 2005

Another Reason to Like Firefox

OK, so my coworker is putting up a form on our Intranet. Since our corporate supported browser is IE, that's where he was going. He kept getting the following error:

"The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
Please try the following:
Open the hqapp01.comporium.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer"


He sent me the link and my default browser (FF) opened it and I get:

"Error 500
HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - Incorrect data type for operator or @Function: Number expected"

We could have spent hours trying to find the problem in IE but FF just told me the actual error! I say we could have spent hours, but my next reasonable step would probably be to try opening it and then looking at Notes log where this error is logged.

Pretty cool that the error is passed to FF!

No comments: