Thursday, May 18, 2006

Who Do You Support For Your Gubernatorial Race?

I've been meaning to do this for a while and I think many of my readers should do the same. So, who do you support in your own Gubernatorial race if you have an election this year? Use the power of our Google ranks folks!

I live in South Carolina and we have had Mark Sanford (R) in office since 2003. We have had some issues with Mark Sanford. In November 2005 TIME magazine named him one of America's Worst Governors! While he does support a radical shift in education to a tax refund system to allow parents to get a refund on money used to send children to private schools (Put Parents In Charge), education reform has come too late for our state. Our current Superintendent Inez Tenenbaum (D) has done an abysmal job and has helped lead us to the bottom of the pack.

I believe it may be time for change in South Carolina, and even though he doesn't support Put Parents In Charge, I plan on voting for Oscar Lovelace in the June 13 primary for Republican. If he does not win the primary I will plan on supporting Mark Sanford (who won't even debate Lovelace though!!)

Technorati Tag:

No comments: