Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tourniquet!

Any Tourniquet fans out there? As I've said before, they're my favorite band! While I can't wait for the next Dream Theater and Neal Morse albums to come out soon, they won't be anything compared to the anticipation of another Tourniquet album!! I've been waiting since 2003, though - come on guys... :)

I just found out that a friend of mine at church is into Tourniquet - and his wife is too! So I've been pretty much listening to straight Tourniquet this week. I have about 8 hours and 40 minutes of their stuff in my playlist now! I was listening to them in my ride in this morning and the song Pecking Order (click for audio) came on from their Vanishing Lessons album from 1994. Here are some lyrics - it's about judging others:
Who made you the judge of me
Turn away, just let me be
The notion that we're better than them
The ultimate delusional gem
The notion that we're better than them
The ultimate delusional gem

Too fat, too poor, too black, too pure
Too white, too foreign, too smart, too boring

Ninety-three million miles
From the earth, the granite boils
Half the heat, half the burn
Scorches those who never learn
Look to Him and you will see
The only judge for you and me
Grace and mercy from His throne
Imparts to those He calls His own
Grace and mercy from His throne
Imparts to those He calls His own
See Philippians 2:3 - Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.


Now Playing: "Incommensurate" by Tourniquet

No comments: