Monday, September 26, 2005

Where to buy gas?

I was thinking about where I should purchase gas. I remembered that a couple of years back I got an email stating that you shouldn't buy Middle Eastern oil because it aids terrorism. This is, of course, absurd. However, we know that a lot of oil does come from that region. If you don't want to buy oil from a Middle Eastern (Persian Gulf) state (Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates), then you can look to the Department of Energy's website to see how much each oil company imports from the Persian Gulf.

Below are some of the stats that caught my eye from January-June 2005:

Exxon - 26%
Valero (there are a lot of these popping up in my town!) - 38%
Chevron - 38%
BP North America - 15%
BP West Coast - 53%
Phillips 66 - 8%
Conoco - 6%
Murphy (Wal-Mart) - 18%
Citgo - Venezualan; not much Gulf Oil, but their government isn't a good one to support...

The following import 0% Persian Gulf oil
Sunoco
Shell
Many other I haven't hear of.

No comments: