Well, in a turn of events late yesterday, I am now able to confirm the inevitable. My company will be making the transition to M$ Exchange. Apparently the powers that be have a desire for a few things:
1) Standardize on Microsoft OS and WIntel hardware.
2) Pay outrageous fees to upgrade every few years.
3) Buy multiple servers to perform the same tasks that one iSeries can do with just a couple of Lotus products loaded.
4) Retrain our Lotus dev team to code in .Not.
5) Open security holes with the Outlook client.
6) Trade in stable systems for systems that cause many nightmares.
7) Force VPs to be without their mail because we have to restore Joe Schmoe's mail file because he deleted everything.
Not sure what's going on, but we are being assimilated...