Friday, October 5, 2012

A Year Of Running...

After I started losing some weight last year, I started running on October 17, 2011. I use iMapMyRUN to keep track of my runs, so I can look back at the history.

That first time out running was pretty bad. :) I ran 2.21 miles in 30:08. That's a 13 minute and 35 second pace per mile. And I remember that I tried running down one of the roads in my neighborhood where there is a decent incline. "Tried" is the key word - truth be told, I walked that hill! It was at the 25 minute mark and I had already run around 1.5 miles and just couldn't run any more.

As I was running the other week, I hit that same hill at the 25 minute mark again. But this time, I had already ran over 4 miles and I kept going up that hill (though slowing down a little). That night I ran 5 miles at an 8 minute and 42 second pace.

Looking back at my charts, the first time I "ran" a 5k in my neighborhood it was 36 minutes at around an 11:11 pace and was on Christmas Day, 2011.

I slowly kept up with it (when it was warm) and on May 12, I ran my first official 5k race in 27:56 - much better at a 9:00 pace. In the 5k I ran on September 8, I finished in 25:07 (at an 8:07 pace). I'm hoping to break the 25:00 mark in my fourth 5k race tomorrow!

I've also been running longer distances (up to a personal long-run of 6.5 miles). I think this has helped tremendously with increasing my "short run" 5k speeds. (I never thought I would refer to a 5k as a "short run" workout.)

I hope this doesn't come off in a bragging manner, but instead I hope it will encourage you. Maybe you're starting off running and don't think you're running "fast enough" - keep plugging along. If I can do this, you can too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ultimately contacted my credit card company and filed a charge back. Because the rolex replica uk was counterfeit it is against the law for me to millet back to them therefore they had 2 choices either they can pick up the rolex replica sale or give me a refund without the watch. They wound up giving me a refund and I was able to keep the broken watch. If you order from them just be sure to use a credit card that way if they scam you you can get your money back. The one you have sent,and as rado replica uk does not match the one with full illuminated rolex replica sale I ordered from the website. Please advise as I already have an exact version of the watch you sent me, the rolex replica uk I ordered the one I did, was to have one with full illuminated hands, so I don need two Rolex replica UK the same. Just to let you guys know that my watch came yesterday.